Yesterday was one of those days where Chad and I had a list full of wedding-related errands to run and even though we kept on checking things off the list, getting to the end seemed so unachievable. We woke up in one city, went to several throughout the day, and ended up at our wedding location - where we’ll mostly stay through the weekend.
Yesterday’s to-do list included:
* meeting with the DJ
* trying to get a marriage license (attempt #1 failed)
* picking up Chad’s tux
* trying to get industrial sized fans to keep air moving under the reception tent (this still hasn’t been locked down)
* buying groomsmen gifts
* ordering lunch for Saturday
* getting marriage license (finally! attempt #2 successful. pulaski courts much friendlier than roanoke courts - btw)
* stopping by rehearsal dinner restaurant to drop off last minute items
* getting cash from bank for vendors that get tipped or need to be paid in cash
* talk with wedding coordinator
Phew. Just looking back over everything we did yesterday makes me a little exhausted.
But at the end of the day, we arrived at Rcokwood Manor and threw ourselves into the front porch rocking chairs and just looked around at the amazing place we’re going to get married at. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful place to get married.
We had a total of 15 family and friends that came in Thursday night, so we all went out to dinner in neighboring Radford for a little pre, pre wedding celebration. And it was perfect.
It was then that I realized even through all of the exhaustion from the day that I am so lucky to be surrounded by such an amazing group of people. I have family and friends that I love and the person I’m making this crazy but wonderful lifetime commitment to all in one place. And that group is only going to grow today and tomorrow.
Wedding Countdown: 1 Day