Flashback Friday! Elementary School Portraits
In these photos I’m in kindergarten (left) and third grade (right).
The dress I’m wearing in the kindergarden photo I just loved so much. It was my fancy dress that I always felt so pretty in. I just don’t know what to say about that shirt I’m wearing in the third grade picture. There are just no excuses. I mean, what happened between the ages of 5 and 8 that my sartorial choices went from sweet dresses I could wear to the Kentucky Derby to a shirt that tries to look like a Jackson Pollack painting but fails so miserably?
Fun Kindergarten Facts:
- I lived in Panama at the time.
- We had Spanish lessons in school, but the only Spanish I know is what I learned while living in Miami - Mami, Papi and No habla espanol.
- I had a huge crush on a boy name Adam, but he only had eyes for the prettiest girl in the class, Stephanie. I, of course, hated her and her perfect chestnut brown hair. Bitch.
Fun Third Grade Facts:
- I was living in Oklahoma at the time.
- Paula Abdul, Debbie Gibson and New Kids On The Block were in heavy rotation on my pastel pink cassette tape player.
- My love of The Simpsons began this year that the television show debuted.